Image Map

Meal planning 101


I love to cook, but I'm lazy. I don't mind doing the prep work and the cooking, I actually really enjoy it, but planning out meals every day can be a daunting task. That's why I love meal planning. Once a week I take an hour or so and go through my recipes, search online, read my cookbooks and pick out 6 meals (Friday is date night). Once the meals are picked I create a quick shopping list, so I can pick up almost everything I need for the week in one trip. I also put all of the recipes i'm using for the week in one spot, I use a cookbook stand that also stores my recipes. Then its just a matter of following the plan.
Its a simple concept but its saves me a ton of time, money, and frustration. It also stops me from cooking the same fall back meals over and over and over again.
Id love to hear from you, do you meal plan? What are your favorite recipes? Do you have any meal planning tips or tricks?
Jaymi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin