Image Map

Old Wives Tales

I am normally a very level headed person, ( if you dont ask my husband), but for some reason, every time I get pregnant, somewhere between peeing on the stick and finding out the gender, I go a little nuts.
It always starts out like a trickle, Ill check the Chinese gender chart, or compare symptoms with past pregnancies, or over analyze the fetal heart rate. 
As my ultrasound nears, It usually gets a little worse. Ill start swinging my wedding ring over my belly on a string to analyze the patterns, every craving becomes a sign, and Ive even been known to come up with a few crazy theories of my own and call them science.
Then comes the week before the ultrasound, and I go completely nuts. I have spent a huge chunk of this week scouring the Internet for new Old Wives Tales.  I came this one and it seemed pretty legit to my crazed pregnant mind, and so I introduce you to, The Baking Soda Gender Test.
Its based on the theory that if you're pregnant with a boy, you will have a higher level of uric acid in your pee, (or something like that).  Basically you pee in a cup, add a Tbsp of baking soda and swirl it around. If it foams, you're having a boy, if it stays flat you're having a girl.
I read a little bit about it before hand, and expected to have to listen for the foaming, or for it to be a small amount ( it was described to be like head on a beer), I was not prepared for this,


Its was like a pee volcano!
If the foam = boy theory really is correct then I think I may be pregnant with the manliest baby in the world !
All of this craziness will hopefully end Monday at our ultrasound and I can move on to obsessing about things unrelated to gender, but until then, here's a breakdown of Old Wives Tales and what they say about the creature invading my uterus;

Spongebob Theory - GIRL

Heart Rate  - If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy. Heart rate has been 145-150 every time GIRL
Shape of Belly - If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy. GIRL
Ring Test - Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your belly. If the ring swings back and forth its a girl and if it swings in a circle its a boy. BOY

Acne - If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. GIRL

Cravings - Salty = boy, sweet = girl  INCONCLUSIVE

Ancient Chinese Gender Predictor - GIRL

Side You Most Rest On - Left Side = Girl,  Right side = boy.  GIRL

Dad’s Weight Gain
If the dad-to-be gains weight while you are pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, you’re having a boy.  GIRL ( sorry D)

Morning Sickness - Girls make you sick and apparently boys don't. GIRL

Baking Soda - BOY

So it looks like its 6:4 for a girl with the old wives tales, for now, I'm pretty confident that this craziness wont end before Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin