Image Map

wrapping gifts, gaining weight, and christmas dinner

This pretty much sums it up.
Every year I find myself, a few days before Christmas, wrapping a mountain of gifts, and every year I swear that next year i am going to wrap as i buy, and yet here I am again.  Zaks room is overflowing with pjs, toys, baskets and assorted Christmas paraphernalia and I have barely made a dent in the wrapping. Where are the elves when you need them?



Somehow though, I actually managed to not go completely insane with buying gifts.  I didn't stick with the plan of four gifts per person (want, need, wear, read) but i didnt single-handedly empty the toy store either.

This is a victory for me.

One way I was able to keep things under control is that this year we did a Secret Santa with the in laws. My hubby has just under a million siblings so it made a big difference.  They're all coming over to our place this year on Christmas Eve, all the locals anyway.
This is a new tradition were hoping to start. I used to spend Christmas Eve with my dads family, but now being so far away there's no way we could party until the wee hours with them and still manage to get home for Christmas morning.  I miss the simplicity of Christmas as a child, where i just showed up, tore paper and played. Now there's so many logistics involved! and there's just not enough time.
On a less stressful note ( ya right), Z is finally catching up with his weight gain! He is now just shy of 4 months and 11 lbs, so still a small frye, but at least he's getting bigger with every appointment. It seems like he just had to fight to break that ten pound mark and now hes not looking back .  I cant believe he'll be starting solids in just over two months, how are we almost there already!
Its amazing how quickly time seems to be passing lately. Can you believe its almost 2014? I'm still having trouble remembering to write 2013 instead of 2012!  I say it every year but i just cannot believe how quickly a year has gone by. I'd better start wrapping some presents.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin