Image Map

Spiced Coffee Steak Rub #HavaJava



I recently posted an amazing recipe for Coffee Crusted Grilled Mahi Mahi, made with SingleJo Coffee's fabulous espresso. 
Single Joe is best known for their aromatic K-cups, that feature less material making for "Less Waste and More Taste", but you should try their whole bean coffee, its just as fabulous!  The espresso used in these two recipes is part of their Club Coffee line, and it is definitely yummy.
I'm a pretty big fan of coffee, I love to drink it hot or cold, I LOVE it frozen, and I love to cook and bake with it.  There are so many ways you can incorporate coffee into food, but most people when using coffee as an ingredient, cook something sweet. 
I like to be different.
Most people don't automatically think of meat in combination with coffee, but it really is a great combination.  Coffee, when cooked has a nutty earthy flavor that really lends well itself to a savory dish.
Today I want to share with you a bolder flavor than what I shared previously.  This steak rub has a definite kick to it that you're going to love. 

Espresso Steak Rub

2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1.5 Tbsp finely ground espresso
1 Tbsp dry mustard
2 Tsp Chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
.5 tsp cayenne

Mix all ingredients together and rub all over your favorite steak cut.  Let it sit unrefrigerated for ten minutes and grill to perfection ( for me that's nice and rare, which for the steak pictured was about three minutes per side)

I hope you enjoy this as much as me and my family did.  Id love to hear from you, how do you like to incorporate coffee into your cooking and baking? Let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. You certain know a way to a 'Jo's' Heart - Well Done! Yum starts with coffee and a steak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also used espresso with Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce on steak and ribs. Like with your fish, the trick is getting the rub not to burn. It took me a long time, and a new husband, to figure that out. Thanks for following me on twitter and I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin