Image Map

Morning Sickness Cures

I love being pregnant, i don't however love morning sickness. Ive had a lot of time to think about how much I dislike it, as I was sick for the first twenty weeks of this pregnancy, and it seems now, in the home stretch, the nausea is returning. For those of you suffering along with me, there are a few tried and true tricks to help ease the discomfort.

Vitamin B6 - 50 mg. daily. Vitamin B6 has been scientifically shown to help morning sickness. You can find Vitamin B6 at your local drugstore or health food store.

Ginger - in capsules form 250 mg. three times daily can be beneficial. Ginger has long been associated with alleviating nausea.

frequent protein snacks. (Low fat meats and seafood, nuts, eggs and beans are high protein.)

Acupuncture, psychotherapy, and cranial osteopathy. These therapies may all be effective in relieving nausea.

Aromatherapy. Use essential oils of lavender, chamomile, and rose (either singly or combined) mixed with a base oil, as a massage oil. You can also put a drop or two of one of these on a tissue and carry it with you.

Water sip on water throughout the day, do not gulp to help ease nausea

I found it also helped to be prepared. In every one of my purses I carry a little emergency kit that contains a plastic bag, bottle of water, mouthwash, and a travel toothbrush and toothpaste, this way if all else fails, at least i can freshen up. I find it also helps to remind myself of the study done recently that links morning sickness with smarter kids.

Jaymi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin