Image Map

Chicken in Phyllo

One evening a few years ago, I was standing in my kitchen trying to figure out what the heck I was going to make for dinner. I had zero inspiration, and none of the ingredients for my usual go-to meals.  Upon inspection of my sad cupboard and freezer contents, I found some leftover chicken breast, a package of phyllo pastry, cheese and bacon, and in that moment, this recipe was born.
Considering its humble beginnings, these phyllo "bundles" were a wild success, they have almost a cult following in my family, and my brother in law often invites himself over if hes finds out I'm making them.  I cant say I blame him though, they really are delicious.

The recipe has evolved over the years, mostly to make it easier to make, and it really is quite simple.  The only thing you need to remember is to NEVER use the pre-rolled phyllo. Never. Not ever.
This recipe makes 4 bundles



You will need
4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package of bacon
2 cups shredded marble cheese
1/2 pkg phyllo pastry
flour ( for rolling out the phyllo)


1. Preheat the oven to 450, wrap bacon around the chicken until it is completely covered. Cook bacon
2. While the chicken is cooking, roll out the phyllo into four thin circles.
covered chicken in oven for 25 minutes.
3. Once chicken is cooked, place in the middle of a phyllo circle, cover with a quarter of the cheese and wrap the phyllo around the chicken and cheese, covering completely. pinch closed
4. Place bundles back into the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
5. Try not to eat all four of them before they make it to the table.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin